12 Apr 65 Universities in USA without GRE – 2020
Earning a master’s degree in USA is a top goal for many international students. Many top universities in USA require prospective students to take the GRE exam besides IELTS or TOEFL. But Students from non-technical background find GRE a tough nut to crack. So most of the students nowadays are looking for schools that don’t require GRE. It’s also worth noting that several students choose Canada and Australia instead of USA just to avoid taking GRE. But USA is still the top choice for most of the people due to the presence of the highest number of ranked schools.
GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a standardized test conducted by ETS ( Educational Testing Services). This exam is conducted in order to check the aptitude of aspiring students who want to study masters/Ph.D. in USA. Most of the top Universities in USA require GRE scores. They waive GRE scores only in cases of exceptional GPA, work experience, and some excellent undergraduate research projects.
Why GRE is required?
In addition to the documents such as the effective Statement Of Purpose (SOP), Letter Of Recommendations (LORs), English proficiency test scores, US Universities still, ask for GRE scores. Besides serving as screening criteria in the admission process, GRE scores also ensure that students enrolling in the Master’s programs possess the critical and analytical reasoning ability required to meet the academic rigor of the graduate programs.
Considering the students’ requirements, most of the universities are providing some programs without the GRE exam. But its the student decision to choose the best university among the most popular, mediocre and least popular Universities in USA without GRE. Select the best program which will help to secure OPT(Optional Practical Training) and job offers after graduation.
List Of Universities in USA without GRE:
- University of Florida – While for most of the arts programs at this University are offered without GRE but for some it is necessary.
- Boston University – Boston University offers Masters in business analytics and Master of Science in Computer Information Systems without GRE, while some programs may request for GRE official scores directly to the University.
- University of Pittsburgh – This popular university ranks high in the list of schools that don’t require GRE.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- George Mason University – This is one of the top Universities in USA which offers master’s programs in health informatics systems and civil engineering without GRE. While other programs require GRE.
- Washington State University – This University offers few MS programs without GRE but for some programs, it is mandatory to submit the scores.
- Park University
- University of Cincinnati – International students can study MS in Computer Science without GRE but should be accredited from ABET accredited University or equivalent accreditation and have GPA of 3.0 have the chance to attend the University of Cincinnati.
- University of North Texas – This University offers MS in Data Science without GRE. But for some other programs, GRE is required.
- The University of Oklahoma – Most of the programs at the University of Oklahoma are presented without GRE.
- Northeastern University, Boston – MBA and its equivalent programs require GMAT. All the other programs are available without GRE.
- San Jose State University – Programs in the fields of Biomedicals, anthropology, economics, public administration, maths, civil, science education, etc are presented without GRE.
- Florida International University – Except for the Master of Science programs in computer science, cybersecurity, information technology, telecommunications & networking, all the remaining master’s programs are provided without GRE score and is not waived under any circumstances.
- Oklahoma State University – This University offers Masters in biosystems & agricultural engineering without GRE. While all the other programs at Oklahoma State University demand for GRE scores.
- Kansas State University
- University of Idaho – GRE is mandatory for most of the programs at the University of Idaho but it offers master programs in geology, computer science, architecture, material science & engineering, mathematics, philosophy, metallurgy, biological engineering, etc without GRE.
- New Mexico State University
- California State University, Sacramento – California State University – Sacramento offers master programs in Arts, chemistry, child development, civil engineering, geology, kinesiology, marine science, mathematics, mechanical engineering, music, tourism programs without GRE.
- Pace University, New York City – This University offers MS programs without GRE.
- University of Dayton
- Villanova University – This University offers MS in Electrical Engineering without GRE besides considering GRE for some other programs.
- Sonoma State University – This California University is one of the popular schools that don’t require GRE or GMAT.
- Rowan University
- Wichita State University – Most of the programs at Wichita State University are offered considering GRE scores but offers MS in chemistry, computer networks, electrical & computer engineering and biomedical university without GRE.
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- DeVry University
- University of the Pacific – University of the Pacific offers some other programs considering GRE but offers MS in Data Science without GRE.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University – All the major graduate programs are offered considering either GRE or GMAT. But offers some programs such as Masters in clinical mental health counseling, communications, English, hospitality, public administration without GRE.
- Johnson & Wales University
- University of New Haven
- West Texas A&M University
- Southeast Missouri State University
- National University
- New England College – New England College offers all graduate programs without GRE requirements. Popular programs include Master of Science in Computer Information Systems and Master of science in Health Informatics.
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology – Harrisburg University offers Master of Science in Biotechnology without GRE. All other Masters programs are also offered without GRE requirements.
- California State University, Channel Islands – California State University, Channel Islands offers Masters in Computer Science without GRE, while some other programs may require GRE.
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Colorado Technical University
- University of Bridgeport – University of Bridgeport considers GRE. But it offers MS in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and technology management programs without GRE.
- Lewis University
- Jacksonville State University – Besides some other programs, University of Idaho offers few programs such as MS in Computer Science without GRE.
- University of Central Missouri – This University offers Masters in Computer Science without GRE but some other programs consider GRE scores for application evaluation.
- Oklahoma City University – It offers masters in accounting and its relevant fields without GRE.
- National Louis University
- Alliant International University
- Point Park University
- Ecpi University
- Missouri Western State University
- City University of Seattle
- Concordia University Texas
- Rivier University
- Monroe College
- Notre Dame de Namur University
- Adler University, Chicago Campus
- Trine University
- Fisher College
- Marymount California University
- Westcliff University
- Virginia International University
- International Technological University
- Montclair University
- Stratford University
- IGlobal University
- Stevens Henager College
- Pace University, Westchester – GMAT is required for accounting, finance related programs. All the remaining master’s programs are offered without GRE.
skoolville.com is a one-stop application portal. You don’t need to apply through the university websites. With just a few clicks you can send your application to multiple universities in USA, Canada, and Australia using skoolville.com. Our service is 100% free for students.