17 Aug 35 Universities for Masters in Health Informatics in USA
Health Informatics is a field well suited for those technology aspiring minds working in the health care field. Data in the health care field is getting accumulated at an exponential rate due to technological advancements. This data can be analyzed and processed in a better way to incorporate technology in the field of health care. Health informatics deals with the collection of data in the health care sector, which may vary from the day to day patient records to the drug research and development data. The collected data is analyzed in a structured way to get insights from it. Experts opine that health informatics will be changing the face of the health care sector in the near future due to the augmentation of Health Informatics systems and Electronic health records. The Masters in Health Informatics in USA is the best course you can pursue if you wish to work under the field of health care after getting relevant experience in computer analytics.
The different areas under the field of Health Informatics are given below.
- Public Health Informatics – The field of public health informatics deal with the application of information technology in public health. It is used in the detection, surveillance, and diagnosis of the spread of diseases and protection of the public health.
- Biomedical Informatics – The field of Biomedical Informatics incorporates the biomedical technologies and instrumentation for the development of new devices and technology which benefits in the future.
- Clinical Informatics – The technology is applied in the field of clinical informatics to provide insights on the future trends of the drug use and disease detection.
- Nursing Informatics – The Nursing Informatics deal with the analysis of patient records and diseases to find a particular trend in the data
- Pharmacy Informatics – Pharmacy Informatics incorporates technology and helps in the discovery of new pills and diagnosis technologies.
Universities in the USA offer a Masters in Health Informatics with a minimum of 30 credits for course completion. The admission requirement for an MS in Health Informatics include a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Health care, Business, Information Technology, Statistics, etc or some work experience in the related field. The GRE score is also a criterion for getting admitted to the universities in the USA. However, there are some universities that do not require the GRE or GMAT score.
The list given below contains the Universities offering Masters in Health Informatics in USA for international students. Apart from these universities, there are many other universities in USA which offer Masters in Health Informatics program in the online mode of study.
Universities offering Masters in Health Informatics in USA
- George Mason University Fairfax County, Virginia – MS in Health Informatics
- Marshall University Huntington, West Virginia – MS in Health Informatics
- Northeastern University Boston, Massachusetts – Masters in Health Informatics
- State University of New York Brockport, New York – MS in Applied Health Informatics
- University of South Carolina Columbia, South Carolina – Masters in Health Informatics
- University of Kansas Lawrence, Kansas – Masters in Health Informatics
- University of Massachusetts Lowell, Massachusetts – Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Adelphi University Garden City, New York – Masters in Healthcare Informatics
- Loyola University Chicago, Illinois – MS in Health Informatics
- University of North Texas Denton, Texas – MS Information Science in Health Informatics
- University of Missouri St. Louis, Missouri – MS in Health Informatics and Bioinformatics
- Tennessee Tech University Cookeville, Tennessee – Masters in Health Informatics and Information Management
- Midwestern State University Wichita Falls, Texas – Masters in Health Services Administration
- Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana – Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Saginaw Valley State University Michigan, Great LakesMS in Health Administration and Leadership
- Webster University Jefferson, Missouri – Masters in Health Administration
- The University of Findlay Findlay, Ohio – Masters in Health Informatics
- Lipscomb University Nashville, Tennessee – MS in Healthcare Informatics
- New England College Henniker, New Hampshire – MS in Health Informatics
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Harrisburg, Pennsylvania – MS in Healthcare Informatics
- Lewis University Romeoville, Illinois – MS in Healthcare Systems Leadership / Master of Science in Nursing
- Arkansas Tech University Russellville, Arkansas – MS in Health Informatics
- Park University Parkville, Missouri – Masters in Healthcare Administration
- Stratford University Falls Church, Virginia – Masters in Healthcare Administration
- National University San Diego, California – Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Monroe college Bronx, New York – Masters in Healthcare Administration
- Alliant International University San Diego, California – MS in Healthcare Analytics
- University of Maryland Baltimore County Baltimore, Maryland – Master of Professional Science in Health Information Technology
- University of California Davis, California – Masters in Health Informatics
- Claremont Graduate University Claremont, California – Health Informatics- MS in Information Systems & Technology
- University of Michigan Dearborn, Michigan – MS in Health Information Technology
- Jacksonville University Jacksonville, Florida – Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Sacred heart university Fairfield, Connecticut – Masters in Health Informatics
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Illinois – Masters in Health Informatics
Job opportunities after MS in Health Informatics in USA
There are a lot of job opportunities for a Health Informatics professional in USA. The job prospects will be increasing due to the huge demand of experienced professionals in this sector. Some of the job roles you can have and their average salaries are given below.
- Health Informatics Specialist – USD 67k per year
- Clinical Informatics Specialist – USD 86k per year
- Applications Systems Analyst – USD 68k per year
- Data Analyst – USD 63k per year
- Clinical Informatics Manager – USD 109k per year
- Health Information Management (HIM) Supervisor – USD 58k per year
- Laboratory Manager – USD 84k per year
skoolville.com is a one-stop application portal. You don’t need to apply through the university websites. With just a few clicks you can send your application to multiple universities in USA, Canada, and Australia using skoolville.com. Our service is 100% free for students.